Results window column missing

All discussions here

Results window column missing

Unread postby tbukkos » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:49 pm

Hello, I recently ran across this little gem of software and purchased a license; for my activity is vital to record the Gap (or lap time) on the stopwatch timer, and although in the program help I see it listed, on my app it's not shown; using the official version listed on the website as of November 14th - xnsw168.zip.

I also have issues with the registration for the program sticking; once I type in my registration info I get a confirmation message that software is registered under my name but once I close the program and open again it shows unregistered.

A third problem I have is related to running multiple instances; although I downloaded and installed the install version, not the portable one, I get error message saying I need to download the install version for multi instance for this software. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.
tbukkos

Re: Results window column missing

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:36 am

tbukkos wrote:for my activity is vital to record the Gap (or lap time) on the stopwatch timer, and although in the program help I see it listed, on my app it's not shown; using the official version listed on the website as of November 14th - xnsw168.zip.

Try to drag the column borders. Generally those columns are deprecated in favor of Excel.

tbukkos wrote:I also have issues with the registration for the program sticking; once I type in my registration info I get a confirmation message that software is registered under my name but once I close the program and open again it shows unregistered.

What version? Portable? Installation?

tbukkos wrote:A third problem I have is related to running multiple instances; although I downloaded and installed the install version, not the portable one, I get error message saying I need to download the install version for multi instance for this software.

There is a special folder and shortcut in the Start menu.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby tbukkos » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:20 pm

Thank you for your reply, for two out of 3 items I was able to find the solution on my own, I will attach it to help others experiencing the same issue:
-Gap tab missing from Results Window: need to modify .Stopwatch.ini file in the installation folder and replace 0 with a number for Gap variable (after default installation the number was 0 for Gap and % for me)
-User registration issue: after I ran the installation program and the icon on the desktop as Administrator the registration information was recorded and I no longer experience any issues with this

As far as the multi instance, I'm running Windows 10 x64, used the installation version of the software which created a desktop shortcut but the entries and shortcuts from my start menu are missing; I have checked the Start Menu and also the folder corresponding to the Start Menu on my C: drive. Please kindly provide the shortcut I need to use to launch multiple instances of your program, I have it installed in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XNote Stopwatch\xnsw.exe"

Thank you for your help!
tbukkos

Unread postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Edit: I was able to get the multiple instance going, the problem I'm having now is it's asking me again for the registration information every time I open a new timer; typing in the name and license key only works for the first time, when I close the timers I have the same issue. How can I get the registration information and also the timer configuration to "stick" for each new timer I'm launching?

Return to Main forum