Sensor or Xnote issue?

All discussions here

Sensor or Xnote issue?

Unread postby grbo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi!
We (my friend&I) have an issue with connecting the IR sensor via RS232 to the laptop or computer.
Problem is that we get it working (we can trigger start or stop or when we use it for snap we can trigger snap time), but when we run "Show results window", sensor triggers every "pass" but program does not!?
E.g. when we cut IR sensor beam with hand we can see throughout LED lamp on IR sensor that is cut off and we can also hear relay switching on/off (so IR is working OK), but when we are looking time record we can see that it doesn´t record every "pass".
We´ve tried to connect it to the several different computers and laptops and we get same problem on every of them.
Any suggestions?
Thanx
grbo

Re: Sensor or Xnote issue?

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Check voltages. May be your cable is too long.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby grbo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm

It`s about 1,5 m long, but I`ll need longer for my application.
I can only try with thicker cable to see what will happen...
grbo

Unread postby grbo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Solved it! :)
We`ve changed cable, solder it again and it works.
Thanx
grbo

Unread postby grbo » Wed May 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi there.
Another problem occured. When I change skip contact bounce to be for example 5000 in. Ini file, i save it, even when i open xnote external control it is still saying 5000, but soon as I start stopwatch and press snap, it goes back to it default value - 100.
It worked before, but now it doesn't. I've tried that on several computers and same thing is repeating.
Any suggestions?
grbo

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 am

grbo wrote:When I change skip contact bounce to be for example 5000 in. Ini file, i save it, even when i open xnote external control it is still saying 5000, but soon as I start stopwatch and press snap, it goes back to it default value - 100.

When you press OK the value is overwritten.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby colori_2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:41 am

Stopwatch wrote:
grbo wrote:When I change skip contact bounce to be for example 5000 in. Ini file, i save it, even when i open xnote external control it is still saying 5000, but soon as I start stopwatch and press snap, it goes back to it default value - 100.

When you press OK the value is overwritten.

I have the same problem, i creat the .ini file, but the programa still not work its look like the skip bounce is in 0 but its in 2500.
Can you help me please?
colori_2

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 am

colori_2 wrote:I have the same problem, i creat the .ini file, but the programa still not work its look like the skip bounce is in 0 but its in 2500.

There was a bug.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum