Feature request for Velodrome timing

All discussions here

Feature request for Velodrome timing

Unread postby greg » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:54 am

Hi
I am trying to use your software for an outdoor cycling Velodrome for training purposes.

I require a countdown from 50 Seconds with a 2 second 1k pulse at 30 seconds, a 1 second 1K pulse at 10 seconds then a 100 milliseconds 1 k pulse at 5, 4,3, 2 and 1 seconds followed by a Gunshot either audio or a output trigger which would also release holding bicycle clamp.

I’m using a ribbon tape switch at the start finish and another at 200 meter mark for the flying 200 meter time to the finish line. At present I’m using both the start finish and the 200 meter ribbon sensor as Snap via RS232.

The only problems I’m have is if someone starts before 00:00 the time sent from the ribbon tape switch trigger (Start Finish Line) on the countdown is recoded as a positive time and shows no difference from that of the stopwatch counting up. I need the countdown to either be a different color or a minus when sent to the excel sheet to show a false start.
I also need either the option for Seven individual PC Speaker 1 K beeps at the above mention times or be able to start a audio file with all the beeps recorded to start at a predetermine time on countdown eg. Start at 30 second countdown.

Cheers Greg
greg

Re: Feature request for Velodrome timing

Unread postby greg » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 am

I notice that if you use the PC Speaker beep the timer stops it display until it completed the beep so you can’t register a snap time for false starts.
I have created a wav file with the correct beeps and gun fire, I need to be able to start it at a prescribed time on the countdown, or be able to trigger countdown and start the wav file at the same time. I still need to be able to distinguish the countdown time from countup time using a snap register.
greg

Unread postby greg » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Have discovered your Sound On The Run which works fine with my wav file. Had to adjust the delay in starting wav file by 5ms. Can you add this option to your latest version as it doesn't have the excel option on the version with S O T R.
cheers Greg
greg

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

greg wrote:The only problems I’m have is if someone starts before 00:00 the time sent from the ribbon tape switch trigger (Start Finish Line) on the countdown is recoded as a positive time and shows no difference from that of the stopwatch counting up.

Isn't that time too short?

greg wrote:I notice that if you use the PC Speaker beep the timer stops it display until it completed the beep so you can’t register a snap time for false starts.

Do not use PC Speaker.

greg wrote:Have discovered your Sound On The Run which works fine with my wav file. Had to adjust the delay in starting wav file by 5ms. Can you add this option to your latest version as it doesn't have the excel option on the version with S O T R.

No so far.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum