New Feature Or Hotkey Focus

All discussions here

New Feature Or Hotkey Focus

Unread postby Fred Cailloux » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:07 pm

XNote is by far the greatest timer app out there. And like any great thinks there is always room for added features.

I am presently using XNote as a simple Timer. Nothing more simple. I noticed that when my timer is counting down from 1 hour 30 minutes down toward zero if I am switching to another app like Word or Excel the timer will suddenly stop. It didn't take long to figure out that XNote will react to the space bar even if it does not have the focus.

While this may be a useful behavior in some cases, in this present use it is quite annoying for I cannot use my computer for anything else while the timer is doing its job. Because at anytime I can expect the timer will stop at the space bar. Maybe its me that didn't find a way around this problem or maybe it could become a potential add-on feature for XNote. If the user could have the possibility to control the focus behavior. At least having a choice to decide whether to render XNote focus sensitive or broad reaction. I looked at the feature "Prevent Key-presses from reaching applications" which is great but is just about half of the necessary control to tackle the problem. What would be really needed is another tick box that would give exactly the reverse control, ie: "Prevent Key-Presses from reaching XNote when out of Focus" and another tick box called "Prevent Mouse click from reaching XNote when out of Focus" and an extra button calling "Restore default" just so that a lost user could render full control from keyboard and mouse in case of confusion.

Does that make sense ?
Fred Cailloux

Re: New Feature Or Hotkey Focus

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:17 am

Try so assing a more complex hotkey like Alt-Space.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum