Hotkeys still working in/on the backrground

All discussions here

Hotkeys still working in/on the backrground

Unread postby anon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:03 am

I have just downloaded the application and I'm still exploring it.

TL;DR The Prevent keypresses from reaching application box in the hotkeys settings is NOT WORKING because it STILL REACHES the other applications.

I came across an option wherein you can assign hotkeys for the timer or stopwatch.
I tried assigning:
spacebar as my "Stop/Play" button,
enter as "Snap",
and shift+enter as my "Reset" button.

After doing so, I minimized the application and kept it running on the background because I have to type something, and while I was doing that, I have noticed that I was not able to use spacebar, enter, nor shift+enter for its original function(?) like, using spacebar to create a space, etc.

I have also noticed that the buttons that were not working are the hotkeys that I used on the XNote Stopwatch application so I tried exiting the app.
When I tried typing again, it worked.

Another thing that I observed is that even if the application is minimized, whenever I press the hotkeys, the XNote Stopwatch is till able to reach the hotkeys or "keypresses" (the Stop/Play, Snap, and Reset buttons are triggered whenever I press their respective hotkeys) and maybe that's the reason why I can't use space, enter, and shift+enter.

And lastly, even though the Prevent keypresses from reaching applications box is checked, the bug still occurs.
I tried unchecking the box and I was relieved but surprised at the same time because the buttons worked (in a way that I can finally use spacebar again when typing) BUT I was kinda expecting that the hotkeys are still able to reach the other application.

All that I can think is that the Prevent keypresses from reaching applications box is NOT WORKING at all :/ because it STILL REACHES the other applications.

If what I have observed is a bug, I hope it get's fixed soon.
As of now, I removed the hotkeys so that it won't get in the way of my work.

I'm glad and thankful for taking your time to read my awfully long, um, concern:)
anon

Re: Hotkeys still working in/on the backrground

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 pm

It is by design. Hotkeys are GLOBAL. Try to assign never used combinations.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby ST1000 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:29 am

Stopwatch wrote:It is by design. Hotkeys are GLOBAL. Try to assign never used combinations.

Is it possible do not use GLOBAL Hotkeys? It's very unconvinient if I'd like to use SPACE, f.e.
May be with next update?
ST1000

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:15 pm

ST1000 wrote:It's very unconvinient if I'd like to use SPACE, f.e.

Please elaborate, why is it inconvenient?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby nickstrelets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Stopwatch wrote:
ST1000 wrote:It's very unconvinient if I'd like to use SPACE, f.e.

Please elaborate, why is it inconvenient?

I want to be able to pause/start quickly, with spacebar, because it is very convinient, other than finding some rare keys combination, that is still not in use in other my programs.
Now I can't assign spacebar to pause/start, because I use in every other program. So another option like "make a hotkey global/not global" would be very handy.
nickstrelets

Return to Main forum