Feature Request - (Global) Hotkeys without focus

All discussions here

Feature Request - (Global) Hotkeys without focus

Unread postby b-morgan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:40 pm

I would like to request an option on the Hotkeys to make them functional when XNoteStopwatch does not have focus. Applications like Ventrilo and Fraps have hotkeys that function globally.

The reason for my request is that I want to time events that are happening while I am in combat in Lord of the Rings Online. I'm running LotRO in a window and have XnoteStopwatch configured as always on top but with the current version, I have to click on the XnoteStopwatch window for the hotkey to be recognized and then click again on the main LotRO window to get focus back to the game. This is undesireable in combat.

I also noticed that mouse buttons are not assignable as hotkeys. Is it possible to allow them to be used (esp. Mouse Button 4 and Mouse Button 5).

Thanks,

Brad
b-morgan

Re: Feature Request - (Global) Hotkeys without focus

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:21 pm

b-morgan wrote:I would like to request an option on the Hotkeys to make them functional when XNoteStopwatch does not have focus. Applications like Ventrilo and Fraps have hotkeys that function globally.

XNote's hotkeys works globally too.

b-morgan wrote:I also noticed that mouse buttons are not assignable as hotkeys. Is it possible to allow them to be used (esp. Mouse Button 4 and Mouse Button 5).

The new version is in progress now. Try this preliminary build.
xnsw.zip
Redesigned hotkeys, minimize to tray.
(148.58 KiB) Downloaded 2499 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby b-morgan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:47 pm

I couldn't get the hotkeys to function globally in version 1.50 but they do function globally in the test version you posted.

My mouse button 4 and mouse button 5 don't seem to map to X1 and X2. I didn't try right, left, and middle because the application (Lord of the Rings Online) uses those three.

Mouse: Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse with Setpoint 4.72.4 software
b-morgan

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:35 pm

b-morgan wrote:My mouse button 4 and mouse button 5 don't seem to map to X1 and X2. I didn't try right, left, and middle because the application (Lord of the Rings Online) uses those three.

Mouse: Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse with Setpoint 4.72.4 software

Anyway please just try. It's important to know whether these buttons are too specific or mouse buttons do not work as hotkeys at all.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby b-morgan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:13 pm

I tried assigning right click to start/stop with the check box "prevent clicks from reaching applications" checked. This works for starting and stopping the stopwatch but it sure upsets the rest of the system! Probably need an "Are you sure?" when using left or right with the box checked. Without the box checked, right click starts and stops the watch.

Middle, X1, and X2 do not appear to work.

Lord of the Rings Online and World of Warcraft both allow my mouse buttons 4 and 5 to be assigned as expected so I'm pretty sure my mouse is functioning properly.

Let me know if there's anything else you want me to try.

Regards,

Brad
b-morgan

Return to Main forum