Raise a signal for repeating count down

All discussions here

Raise a signal for repeating count down

Unread postby daan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am

When I use the timer mode for a repeating count down, I use the Restart function. However, the "Raise a signal on port" function does not work properly in this set up: after the first count down, it gives a signal, but this signal stays forever. Is it possible to give a pulse at every count down, instead of a continuing signal on the port? I am currently using version 1.60.
daan

Re: Raise a signal for repeating count down

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:18 pm

I was not sure for how long time raise the signal therefore decided to leave it until reset. In periodic mode this means that signal is droped right before it is raised again. What period of pulse would you like?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby daan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Creator wrote:I was not sure for how long time raise the signal therefore decided to leave it until reset. In periodic mode this means that signal is droped right before it is raised again. What period of pulse would you like?

The length of the pulse is not really important; it could be between one tenth of a second and 10 seconds. A typical repetition period for the count down timer is for me 30 seconds, or 1 or 2 minutes.
daan

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Try this.
xnsw.zip
1 sec pulse in Periodic and Close modes.
(148.87 KiB) Downloaded 2156 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby daan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks, this is working the way I like it.
daan

Return to Main forum