great tool, just one thing though

All discussions here

great tool, just one thing though

Unread postby user » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 pm

first of all, this is a pretty nice program. thank you for working on it.

i don't know if it's me or a real bug, but every time i click on File> Open and select a saved configuration or clock preference, (dunno exactly what it even saves/opens), the Timer crashes and disappears.

my only request/suggestion would be to make a more user-friendly interface for different sets of counters/timers/stopwatches so that you can enable/disable the ones you aren't using.. as personally i run multiple timers and i like to have them with different sizes and times, but when i re-run after shutting down/restarting the program i want to enable/disable a specific set of timers, but have to start from scratch in case one doesn't appear..

Presets >
Title 1 [x]
Title 2 [ ]
Title 3 [x]
title 4 [ ]
user

Re: great tool, just one thing though

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm

user wrote:i don't know if it's me or a real bug, but every time i click on File> Open and select a saved configuration or clock preference, (dunno exactly what it even saves/opens), the Timer crashes and disappears.

Please send these files to support email.

user wrote:my only request/suggestion would be to make a more user-friendly interface for different sets of counters/timers/stopwatches so that you can enable/disable the ones you aren't using..

It is already planned for the next release.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby user » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:53 pm

that's great. looking forward to it.

also what about; inside options under the boxes that you can tick "Play audio file:" "Launch a file" "Raise a signal on port:" you can add something such as; "message:" where you can add a simple custom text dialog to prompt user once timer is finished. with also a short-cut somewhere to fast "edit message".

i have also sent it to support now. hope i'm not doing anything wrong to cause the crash.
user

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 am

user wrote:also what about; inside options under the boxes that you can tick "Play audio file:" "Launch a file" "Raise a signal on port:" you can add something such as; "message:" where you can add a simple custom text dialog to prompt user once timer is finished. with also a short-cut somewhere to fast "edit message".

Create a file ShowLine.js with the following content:
Code: Select all
WScript.Echo("Message");

and assign this file to Launch a file.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby user » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

it doesn't show any message, just turns on dreamweaver with the line "WScript.Echo("Message");"

also the idea was to create more dynamic messages, so you can fast edit each one by a simple right click.
user

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 pm

user wrote:it doesn't show any message, just turns on dreamweaver with the line "WScript.Echo("Message");"

You have to associate .js files with JavaScript engine Windows Script Host (wscript.exe) not HTML editor.

user wrote:also the idea was to create more dynamic messages, so you can fast edit each one by a simple right click.

I'm not sure simple messages are even useful. You might paint big pictures with any messages and images and associate them with Launch a file.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum