Experimental build with multiple colors and 2 windows

All discussions here

Experimental build with multiple colors and 2 windows

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Here is some improvements made personally but not included in official release. The first allows to change Font and Backgound colors at different time stages (in countdown timer mode only). The second displays another timer window to project, for example.

xnsw.zip
Multiple colors and 2 windows
(148.74 KiB) Downloaded 2733 times

Post your comments here.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: Experimental build with multiple colors and 2 windows

Unread postby cindra » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:24 am

Any chance of having the second window share "always on top" function as the first window? As I run it now, the second window does not stay on top. Also, the second window does not change colors with the first window.
cindra

Unread postby Cindra » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:27 am

You could also integrate my "jumping clock" request into a format similar to the one for the colors. Just add time format to one of the options.
Cindra

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:05 pm

cindra wrote:Any chance of having the second window share "always on top" function as the first window? As I run it now, the second window does not stay on top.

In the next major update.

cindra wrote:Also, the second window does not change colors with the first window.

It changes. I have retested right now.

Cindra wrote:You could also integrate my "jumping clock" request into a format similar to the one for the colors. Just add time format to one of the options.

I do not understand.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Cindra » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:48 am

Creator wrote:
cindra wrote:Also, the second window does not change colors with the first window.

It changes. I have retested right now.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, because I just redownloaded it and the same problem is there. Currently I have it set to change digit color to Yellow at 60 seconds and Red at 00 seconds
If Window A is the main control window, and Window B is the secondary window (where right-click brings up no options, and has the large gray border around it), Window A will change to red at 00 seconds, but window B remains green. Do I have a setting wrong?
Cindra

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:22 am

Cindra wrote:Perhaps I am doing something wrong, because I just redownloaded it and the same problem is there. Currently I have it set to change digit color to Yellow at 60 seconds and Red at 00 seconds

I have understood you wrongly. The second window doesn't support multiple colors. If you really need this please write me in email.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby friar » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Really nice.
Perhaps mating it with the "clock"
That is, open up clock then open up countdown and have it counting down 60 secs synchronized with clock so that when clock changes up to next minute we have 00 at the countdown
So we have a normal clock plus counting down for start at a rally special stage
friar

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:27 pm

This should be done with 2 copies: 1 for clock, 2 for countdown to specified time (which need to be implemented yet of course).
2 windows above are specially designed to display the same content.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby mpegas » Wed May 12, 2010 10:38 am

Version with 2 windows is very useful for me, when I use stopwatch in competitions. One display shows time for viewers and, at the same time, I can see information in my laptop, where I write results into the excel table. Maybe the author can create 1.60 version with 2 windows option?
Thanks
mpegas

Unread postby JanHgm » Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Version with two windows is indeed very useful. Much easier than working with two xnote installations
So I agree with mpegas and I hope to see this options becomes part of the next official release once.
If output is visible on a second window I can duplicate that one an have even more windows to show.

What I also tried is streaming broadcasting a screen recording but that appears much to slow. (2 seconds delays at least)
JanHgm

Next

Return to Main forum