Speed trap timer

All discussions here

Speed trap timer

Unread postby Craigr1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:35 am

I am sorry if these questions have been asked in previous posts, but I could not find them in the forum. I am looking to build a “speed trap” timer. This is a timer that will start when the first external trigger is tripped and stop when the second external trigger is tripped. The triggers are two photocells in parallel, simple enough. Here are my questions. Is there a way to have a third external trigger to act as a timer reset (start, stop then zero)? The application that I wish to use the timer for is curling, and when the player delivers the stone this will trip the first photocell and start the timer, the problem is that the player will trip the first trigger a second time with their body. This should stop the timer but this is not the desired result as the goal is to time the time of the stone between the two traps. Can the input be temporally disabled to allow for the second object breaking the first trigger and just time the curling stone? Thank you for your help.
Craigr1

Re: Speed trap timer

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Craigr1 wrote:Is there a way to have a third external trigger to act as a timer reset (start, stop then zero)?

Try these builds viewtopic.php?f=3&t=433

Craigr1 wrote:, the problem is that the player will trip the first trigger a second time with their body.

Try to set Skip contact bounce to several seconds (possible with editing .ini file only).
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby mowerman53 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Stopwatch wrote:
Craigr1 wrote:, the problem is that the player will trip the first trigger a second time with their body.

Try to set Skip contact bounce to several seconds (possible with editing .ini file only).

I too need to slow down the next triggering of my external control device as flying debris and and different parts of the motorbike going past my photocell initiate a snap time response.

Usually i get 2 or 3 triggers instead of just one i am looking for.

Could you advise which line of the .ini file it is that needs changing and what that value would be if i wanted say a 2 second delay between triggering?

Many thanks for your help. Tested this software at the weekend and managed to record just under 200 passings with a 99% success rate from my photo cell triggers. Damn good bit of software.
mowerman53

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue May 18, 2010 7:19 am

mowerman53 wrote:Could you advise which line of the .ini file it is that needs changing and what that value would be if i wanted say a 2 second delay between triggering?

Code: Select all
[ExternalControl]
SkipBounce=2000
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum