Feature requests :: Day display and compact-mode title

All discussions here

Feature requests :: Day display and compact-mode title

Unread postby bjasper » Sun May 02, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm using multiple countdown clocks, some that countdown over multiple days.

It would be useful to display the clock's title string when it is in compact mode so I can easily see which clock is which and to emphasize the meaning of the countdown. The rollover title display is useful but requires interaction with each clock. Currently I use different colors to identify each clock, but title strings would be more useful.

Also, there are many applications for multiple-day countdowns. My main application for this is the be aware of when different financial markets close for the week so I can plan trades better. Any plans to add a "Day" field to the countdown display?

Thanks for a great utility.
bjasper

Re: Feature requests :: Day display and compact-mode title

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon May 03, 2010 10:06 am

Try this.
Attachments
xnsw.zip
Title on display, days when hours > 23
(166.2 KiB) Downloaded 1723 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby bjasper » Mon May 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Wow, you do work quickly. :)

The version you sent works as requested. Thanks.

Just a couple small changes that would make it more usable:

1. The title string appears in compact mode, but the string is too small to read when using smaller clock sizes. Can you add the ability to format the title string independent from the clock display? Also, the title shows up (or changes) only after resizing the clock in compact mode.

2. Can you add a "day" field to the time fields? Your update works either way, but it would be more usable if "day" became a first-class citizen in the time and time formatting settings.

Thanks again for a great utility.
bjasper

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon May 03, 2010 5:55 pm

bjasper wrote:1. The title string appears in compact mode, but the string is too small to read when using smaller clock sizes. Can you add the ability to format the title string independent from the clock display?

Where to display it when clock is too small? :shock:

bjasper wrote:Also, the title shows up (or changes) only after resizing the clock in compact mode.

Yes. I assumed your timers ran constantly.

bjasper wrote:2. Can you add a "day" field to the time fields? Your update works either way, but it would be more usable if "day" became a first-class citizen in the time and time formatting settings.

No no. It involves GUI editing. Not now. In the future releases may be. Sorry.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum