excel integration not working suddenly

All discussions here

excel integration not working suddenly

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 am

I had excel integration working just fine a while back but suddenly it is not working very well -- make that at all.

If I click on more > excel integration then the dialog box pops up, and then it flashes on and off with a different dialog box that says: "Installing Com Component"

It doesn't integrate.
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Re: excel integration not working suddenly

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:51 am

I recently upgraded to 1.61 on the registered version. I have a big Race in 36 hours and can't integrate ...
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:10 pm

It's an issue on MS Office's side. Try to reinstall Excel. However I can send you the previous version if you lost one.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:22 am

Reinstalling excel is NOT currently an option.

I tried reinstalling 1.60 and that doesn't seem to work either.

The box pops up and it has an ip number in it the first time than it flashes on an off continuously.

This won't be as nice as I had planned by a lot. What version or xNote do I have to roll back to?
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 am

MichiganCrossCountry.com wrote:This won't be as nice as I had planned by a lot. What version or xNote do I have to roll back to?

As you have already tried 1.60, cause is not at XNote side. There are missing components of MS Office.
What if NOT launch any Excel and open Excel integration window?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 am

Also try to integrate through .ini file:
Code: Select all
[ExcelIntegration]
Worksheet=Book1.xls::Sheet1

Spreadsheet must be already opened of course.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Stopwatch wrote:
MichiganCrossCountry.com wrote:This won't be as nice as I had planned by a lot. What version or xNote do I have to roll back to?

As you have already tried 1.60, cause is not at XNote side. There are missing components of MS Office.
What if NOT launch any Excel and open Excel integration window?

What components are supposedly missing from MS Excel? Something must have changed with XNote Stopwatch if the integration was working with version 1.60 and now doesn't with 1.61 ... and apparently can't be undone.

Unread postby jagore » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:10 pm

I accidentally posted that previous message as "Guest". Sorry.

It seems to me something must have changed with the Excel integration on the XNote Stopwatch side if the person who posted the original question had it working properly with version 1.60 and it stopped working with version 1.61.

The integration works fine IF I'm able to select the correct file & data sheet between times when the "Installing COM component" window pops open, but it's a real pain in the butt. This would also seem to indicate that the problem is with XNote Stopwatch.

My computer runs VISTA (Which sucks!) and I have Excel 2003, which I have no intention of upgrading.
jagore

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Guest wrote:What components are supposedly missing from MS Excel? Something must have changed with XNote Stopwatch if the integration was working with version 1.60 and now doesn't with 1.61 ... and apparently can't be undone.

I don't know. If it was so clear I have fixed it immediately.

jagore wrote:My computer runs VISTA (Which sucks!) and I have Excel 2003, which I have no intention of upgrading.

Service Packs installed? Also how does it behave in cases viewtopic.php?f=3&t=978#p1393 and viewtopic.php?f=3&t=978#p1395
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby jagore » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:15 am

Service packs have been installed.

Trying to set up Excel integration without opening Excel ... no difference.

Trying to start Excel integration using a ".ini" file ... no difference, whether or not Excel is open before starting XNote Stopwatch.

I just registered the program yesterday and have version 1.61. Would it be possible to get version 1.60 just to try it? I really like your program and everything works very well except for the "Installing COM component" window that pops up repeatedly while setting up the Excel integration. As I said previously, the Excel integration does work: it's just the initial set up that is a problem.
jagore

Next

Return to Main forum