"Timer restart" option does not work with long beep duration

All discussions here

"Timer restart" option does not work with long beep duration

Unread postby Sup » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi

I was wondering how can I start the timer ( say for 30 min ) , then after 30 min it would

a) Sound the speaker for a specific duration say 5 min and also will raise the signal in the serial port for 5 min
b) After 5 min it will switch off the speaker, and lower the serial port.
c) and then start the 30 min timer again ..and it repeat like that....means 30 min timer, 5 min speaker on & 5 min serial raise ..and again 30 min timer on.

I tried to do it with "Restart the timer" and using beep the speaker "Duration" option......but when set the beep the speaker duration for long time (say for 10000 ms means 10 sec or more) it crash and restart the timer next time with a undefined duration ( say 17 min) and regarding serial port it does not work without choosing the speaker beep option, as there is no method to hold the rs232 duration without the speaker beep option.

any idea ?

with best regards
Ray
Sup

Re: "Timer restart" option does not work with long beep dura

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 am

Sup wrote:c) and then start the 30 min timer again ..and it repeat like that....means 30 min timer, 5 min speaker on & 5 min serial raise ..and again 30 min timer on.

Is 30 min cumulative? Or separate?

Sup wrote:I tried to do it with "Restart the timer" and using beep the speaker "Duration" option......but when set the beep the speaker duration for long time (say for 10000 ms means 10 sec or more) it crash

What OS?

Sup wrote:and regarding serial port it does not work without choosing the speaker beep option, as there is no method to hold the rs232 duration without the speaker beep option.

Raise a signal on port must work regardless PC Speaker beep. Signal holds for a half of countdown period but minimum 1 sec.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum