External Controls Help

All discussions here

Re: External Controls Help

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed May 11, 2011 9:22 am

pie8man wrote:For some reason my snap external control is pins 9-8, start stop is 8-7 and reset is 8-6, basically 8 seems to be common and I have all my external control tied to 8 as common and also the appropriate pin for the command I want. First question, is that normal?

No. 8 is a output signal.

pie8man wrote:As soon as I plug my 50' cable in I get crazy things happening;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232#Cables

pie8man wrote:In Windows XP when I change the delay skip triggering to 10,000 or anything over 100 I get an error and the Xnote will not start,how do I delay skip triggering in Windows XP?

What's error?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby simplesie1986 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:39 pm

hi can you help i am a bit lost where it comes to connecting a photo sensor and a laser maybe rather than an it i dont know what photo sensor to buy and how to connect it to my pc as im new to this all i need to do is time a mini moto just the one on an indoor track and xnote is the best software i have seen so far but i dont know how to connect it to my pc. what photo sensor do i need and how do i wire it to the serial cable any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
sie
simplesie1986

Unread postby pie8man » Fri May 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Here is the photo electric beam sensor I am using.
http://www.amazon.com/Enforcer-Indoor-O ... 555&sr=1-3
For snap it is wired to the terminals as shown in the XNSW external control dialog box. It works best to wire the photo cell in the NC position and set the options for snap as on-off in the external control dialog box. Not sure how well it would work for mini moto if there are several participants and multiple laps. It will work great for single rider practice.
pie8man

Unread postby pie8man » Fri May 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I will post up a diagram for the BMX specific timer I built.... when I get all the bugs worked out. I'll be testing again this weekend.
pie8man

Unread postby giocoker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:23 pm

pie8man wrote:I will post up a diagram for the BMX specific timer I built.... when I get all the bugs worked out. I'll be testing again this weekend.

How was your testing?
giocoker

Unread postby jagore » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 pm

I have a new button that I use with the RunScore race-timing/scoring software, but there are times I prefer to use StopWatch. My old buttons, which were wired differently, worked with it, but the new button doesn't. Below is the wiring diagram for the new button. Can it be made to work with StopWatch?

jagore

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 pm

jagore wrote:Below is the wiring diagram for the new button.

What are voltages on RTS and DTR?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby jagore » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Stopwatch wrote:
jagore wrote:Below is the wiring diagram for the new button.

What are voltages on RTS and DTR?

I'm afraid the diagram is the only information provided by the manufacturer. The button plugs into a box that has a cord with a USB connector.
jagore

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 pm

jagore wrote:I'm afraid the diagram is the only information provided by the manufacturer. The button plugs into a box that has a cord with a USB connector.

Try this workaround.
Attachments
xnsw.zip
RTS is disabled
(190.08 KiB) Downloaded 2522 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby jagore » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Stopwatch wrote:
jagore wrote:I'm afraid the diagram is the only information provided by the manufacturer. The button plugs into a box that has a cord with a USB connector.

Try this workaround.

It works like charm. Thank you.

I had to set "Skip contact bounce:" to 10 ms. Less than that and I was getting duplicate times for each button press.
jagore

PreviousNext

Return to Main forum