Always on Top not working

All discussions here

Re: Always on Top not working

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:42 am

aiiirborne wrote:I also run VS 2010 at fullscreen mode, if it counts.

Seems it's at always on top mode too.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby aiiirborne » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Maybe you should try to add an option,
which when enabled creates constant query "bring to top" to make sure the app is still on top.
Hope it wouldn't add any flickering
aiiirborne

Unread postby rossini » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi folks,

I am using XNote StopWatch to work as a Countdown clock while doing my PowerPoint presentations. I wrote a piece of software which is scanning my powerpoint folder and if there are certain conditions given, it starts the Countdown clock with a user-given time and then starts the PowerPoint presentation in full-screen mode. While I was still using v1.60 and my old Win XP / Office 2007 box, everything was fine. XNote Stopwatch stayed on top of the full-screen Powerpoint presentation.

Now I switched to Win 7 and Office 2010... and neither v1.60 nor the actual v1.65 of XNote Stopwatch stay _always_ on top of Powerpoint. I haven't seen a pattern as of why XNote Stopwatch sometimes (not always) "disappears" when Powerpoint comes up full-screen, but of course, this is disturbing and neither the Bring-Back-On-Top Hotkey is working nor ALT-TAB works. When I close Powerpoint, I see Stopwatch running though.

Please fix this. This catches me in a most disturbing moment - when I would like to start with my talk.

Thx in advance,
Oliver
rossini

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 pm

rossini wrote:I haven't seen a pattern as of why XNote Stopwatch sometimes (not always) "disappears" when Powerpoint comes up full-screen

Is there a video in the presentation? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1023#p1583
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:54 pm

aiiirborne wrote:Maybe you should try to add an option,
which when enabled creates constant query "bring to top" to make sure the app is still on top.
Hope it wouldn't add any flickering

Bear in mind this will redirect any subsequent keyboard input to stopwatch window.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby aiiirborne » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Another note to my situation: Windows 7 Aero is off (no trasparency, simple theme).
aiiirborne

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:49 pm

This sets Always on top back at every refresh.
Attachments
xnsw.zip
Always on top possible fix
(209.81 KiB) Downloaded 1651 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby aiiirborne » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:31 pm

About new version:
At first it seemed to work, but after several window switching it dissapears (switching between Mozilla 10 and VS 2010).
And after it was gone, it did not appeared again.
The only "fix" was to minimize all windows AND directly click on SWatch, this brings it to top after maximizing all windows back.

Thanks anyway!
aiiirborne

Unread postby aiiirborne » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Hope this help:

This will help to reproduce the bug, if you have Visual Studio 2010 (maybe works in other version too):
Launch VS with some project opened, switch to fullscreen mode, press Win key (this brigs up the start menu), after that click anywhere in the CODE window (not other windows or start menu).
Stopwatch always goes to back layer.
aiiirborne

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:09 am

aiiirborne wrote:Launch VS with some project opened, switch to fullscreen mode, press Win key (this brigs up the start menu), after that click anywhere in the CODE window (not other windows or start menu).
Stopwatch always goes to back layer.

None. :(
Stopwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Main forum