Asignment of HOTkeys

All discussions here

Asignment of HOTkeys

Unread postby FRINGEDWELLER » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 am

I just brought the stopwatch, great product..

although there a couple of things i really need it to do..

firstly.. although if you press exit your configuration file saves and you can re launch with the same settings is good

It would be far better if there was a way to save the configuration file and load that as the main configuration. it would then be optional to return to setup defaults.
The reason i ask this is that i have accidentally hit close instead and have had to reset all previous hotkey titles , timing ...etc

When will the option to trigger from the other XNtimer be available .. ?

currently i use eight timers starting at the same time and therefore we need the following to get it to funtion correctly:
[list=]Eight hotkeys for Start,
Eight for hotkeys for Snap
Eight for hotkeys for Stop
Eight hotkeys for Reset[/list]
However, if possible i would like to see global options similar to the following to make tasks easier .
The recommended options for the use of multiple timers are:
would like option of one (single) trigger for all linked - Start funtions
would like option of one (single) trigger for all linked - Stop funtions
would like option of one (single) trigger for all linked - Snap funtions
would like option of one (single) trigger for all linked - Resett funtions

However, in my case the use of eight snap keys is ok

Hey just a thought.... are you able to add addtional (assign) hotkeys for snap basically detect which key was used for snap function call and list that key assigment next to captured time

if you are able to do this then i would only need to use one timer with eight assigned snap function calls form eight keys
as long as there was away to identify which one called snap (maybe add label to each hot key assigned)

look forward to hear from you... maybe you already have a way
FRINGEDWELLER

Re: Asignment of HOTkeys

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:It would be far better if there was a way to save the configuration file and load that as the main configuration.

Somethink like this will be implemented in the next releases.

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:The recommended options for the use of multiple timers are:

Uncheck Prevent keypresses from reaching applications of Hotkeys.

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:Hey just a thought.... are you able to add addtional (assign) hotkeys for snap basically detect which key was used for snap function call and list that key assigment next to captured time

May be...
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby FRINGEDWELLER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:20 pm

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:
The recommended options for the use of multiple timers are:

Uncheck Prevent keypresses from reaching applications of Hotkeys.

Already gave that one ago,
No luck there.. reason... i had excel open using integration and my key presses where entered into the sheet, as characters

could you use a function call to represent multiple(selectable keys)bring pressed.
FRINGEDWELLER wrote:

"Hey just a thought.... are you able to add addtional (assign) hotkeys for snap basically detect which key was used for snap function call and list that key assigment next to captured time"

"May be..." heres hoping
If you could do this one and save profile configarations Then basically you have it nailed

Reasoning
1 timer would possible do the following

Equals 1 x global start , 1 x global reset 1 x global stop .... and the most important i could assign between 1- 32 hot keys to the existing one snap routine
These snap Key assignments could be given and associated label that could be integrated direct into excel associated cells

SEE ROUGH IDEA.. should very simplee given you basically have all the code done except for the extra snap key assignments and adjacent excel inputs as below:

below are just random key assignments i choose ... any snap assignments will do

Timer Snapped time - Key assignment --LABEL OF Key
00:03.92.................. ..A.................LANE 1
01:48.33.................... S.................LANE 2
01:51.67....................D..................LANE 3
00:05.38.................... F.................LANE 4
00:08.23................... G..................LANE 5
00:15.22................... H..................LANE 6
00:15.86....................J ..................LANE 7
00:16.37....................K..................LANE 8
00:17.40.................... L.................LANE 9
00:18.23 ....................Z.................LANE 10
All key assignments should appear in the adjacent cells in excel of the time capture and same could be for the label

Label could represent any name user chooses to assign to that hot key... such as event, machine no, valve no, athletes name, lane number extra
If you give the user the option to select how many snap keys and labels they need you could then save them in a user profile so data can never be lost.

GLOBAL KEYS (ASSIGNED BY USER

START KEY Q ?
STOP ALT ?
RESET CTRL ?
FRINGEDWELLER

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 pm

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:No luck there.. reason... i had excel open using integration and my key presses where entered into the sheet, as characters

Leave this mark checked in the last copy.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby FRINGEDWELLER » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 am

Stopwatch wrote:
FRINGEDWELLER wrote:No luck there.. reason... i had excel open using integration and my key presses where entered into the sheet, as characters

Leave this mark checked in the last copy.

I am sorry ... but your suggestion does not work either...........

I open eight timers one by one each time I set the hotkeys with following settings
A = START
Q, W, E, R, T, Y, U, I to REPRESENT - SNAP FOR A single GIVEN TIMER 1 - 8 EXAMPLE TIMER 1 = Q SNAP
f2 = RESET

I LEFT EVERY ONE OF THE CHECK BOXES UNCHECKED..EXPECT FOR THE LAST ONE number 8 timer ... which as you instructed i checked.

When I pressed A to start only one timer started.... when I pressed F2 only one reset
However, if I unchecked the box then all timers run..............BUT the key strokes cause problems as you are aware with other programs.

That’s why I made the suggestions I have in my earlier posts... one timer with mutliple snap hotkey assignments and individual identifable labels that integrated into an excell cell would be the most logical if the current version cannot do it !!

I have been spending quite a bit of time going through all the settings..
FRINGEDWELLER

Unread postby FRINGEDWELLER » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am

I open eight timers one by one each time I set the hotkeys with following settings
A = START
Q, W, E, R, T, Y, U, I to REPRESENT SNAP FOR A GIVEN TIMER 1 - 8 EXAMPLE TIMER 1 = Q SNAP
f2 = RESET

I LEFT EVERY ONE OF THE CHECK BOXES UNCHECKED...EXPECT FOR THE LAST ONE number 8 timers ... which as you instructed i checked.

When I pressed A to start only one timer started.... when I pressed F2 only one reset

However, if I unchecked the box then all timers run..............BUT the key strokes cause problems as you are aware with other programs.

That’s why I made the suggestions I have in my earlier posts... one timer with multiple snap hotkey assignments and individual identifiable labels that integrated into an excel cell would be the most logical if the current version cannot do it !!

Do you have anything... that I can do that will allow me do start and stop at the same time but take snaps individually

Example:
Athletes sprint...all start at same time........each athlete finishes at different times usually between 8 to 10 athletes and then we need to stop all timers

Most people using the stopwatch will need to know which athlete finished first; second, third, that’s why I need to identify with label or assigned hotkey..!

I bought your program believing it had multiple timers that could be used as described.... was I wrong?

Are you the guy who wrote the program Stopwatch are you Dmitry Nikitin?
i hope my suggestions are getting through asthe your website asked us to make recomendations..
i just hope we see them soon... if this was freeware then i guess that would be that you get what you get...

but i paid for it so i am a little more interested ! in seeing it evolve ... i hope you understand ..
FRINGEDWELLER

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:57 pm

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:I LEFT EVERY ONE OF THE CHECK BOXES UNCHECKED..EXPECT FOR THE LAST ONE number 8 timer ... which as you instructed i checked.

Try the FIRST one instead.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby FRINGEDWELLER » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:18 am

Stopwatch wrote:
FRINGEDWELLER wrote:I LEFT EVERY ONE OF THE CHECK BOXES UNCHECKED..EXPECT FOR THE LAST ONE number 8 timer ... which as you instructed i checked.

Try the FIRST one instead.

:cry: NOPE.................that does not work either... i had already tried that .. but i did it again same result..

OK.. We really do not need to guess.. if you are unable to get the timer to do as i have posted previously please just say so..

i purchased this timer because Multiple timers were part of your advertisement, iam now getting the impression that you are un-willing or unable to give
meaning full help. that i need. :roll:
Try this one, then Try that one is not really helping your customers.... you should know !!! not just guess !

Please ... need to know if my previous posts can be done... and answer with more than 5 words would also be appreicated :?
FRINGEDWELLER

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 pm

FRINGEDWELLER wrote:i purchased this timer because Multiple timers were part of your advertisement, iam now getting the impression that you are un-willing or unable to give
meaning full help. that i need. :roll:

You were free to evaluate the software before purchase. Also you purchase what you purchase. Everything else is not obliged to be free.

Here is something I have made in the past:

Download this branch:
xnsw.zip
Multiple Snaps
(192.22 KiB) Downloaded 2107 times

Add the following to AppData\XNote Stopwatch\xnsw*.ini:
Code: Select all
[Log]
0x41 0 0 0: "LANE 1"
0x53 0 0 0: "LANE 2"
0x44 0 0 0: "LANE 3"
Where the first is a virtual key code, the next are Alt, Ctrl, Shift companions (1/0).

Sorry that's all I can do for you indeed.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby FRINGEDWELLER » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am

Here is something I have made in the past:

Download this branch:
xnsw.zip

:) tried to run exe once extracted to installation directory... no go
do you have another compiled version or can you see what is stopping this one from running on a "win7 32 bit platform"
Thanx...
FRINGEDWELLER

Next

Return to Main forum