XNote Stopwatch 1.60 with MS Excel integration

All discussions here

Re: Excel Integration

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Unfortunately MS Excel doesn't support a 'seconds only' format. You have to assign mm:ss.000 format (manually) in order to display the time in full. By the way, Excel performs calculations regardless of the cell format i.e. format is designated to properly display a cell value only. Also you might try to use XNote's Insert as Text value option but I'm not sure MS Excel always decodes text values (for calculations) correctly.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby ambianchi2003 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Thank you, I will try and let you know the result.
ambianchi2003

Re: XNote Stopwatch 1.60 with MS Excel integration

Unread postby 1qazse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 am

Thanks for this integration, I have found it very usefull.
1. I try to start two XNotes at the same time exactly. Recommend how to do that? We are timing cycling times. Start time from switchport (1. Xnote) to own colum in Excel-file and stop time (2. Xnote) from photocell also to own column at the same file. This way I can automate time counting quite simply way.
2. If snap time would be pctime (inserted to Excel cell ), solves the problem. Any suggestion how to do that?
1qazse

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:59 pm

1qazse wrote:2. If snap time would be pctime (inserted to Excel cell ), solves the problem. Any suggestion how to do that?

Clock functionality with Excel insertion will be released soon.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:42 pm

ambianchi2003 wrote:For post calculations reasons, I´m using the time format all in seconds (up to 4 digits for seconds and 3 decimals for miliseconds). When trying to insert those times on the excel sheet and are over 60 seconds the figure that appeared includes only the value after those 60 seconds. e.g. if the time is 65,128 sec. the value in the excel cell is 5,128.
Am I doing something wrong?

Creator wrote:Unfortunately MS Excel doesn't support a 'seconds only' format. You have to assign mm:ss.000 format (manually) in order to display the time in full.

Good news. Since 1.61, XNote Stopwatch will be able to assign any format to MS Excel's cell, i.e. it will be possible to display e.g. 65,128 sec.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Excel Integration Feature request

Unread postby cblearn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi,

I would like to see the ability to change the Starting Cell and have the ability to lock it to the new setting so it doesn't default back to cell A1 every time I launch the program.

Chuck
cblearn

Re: Excel Integration Feature request

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:15 am

cblearn wrote:I would like to see the ability to change the Starting Cell and have the ability to lock it to the new setting so it doesn't default back to cell A1 every time I launch the program.Chuck

Done for 1.61
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Saving Excell intergration

Unread postby John » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:07 pm

I purchased this product to use with an excell sheet that calculates split times between drivers in a race.
It works very good but I have to set it up each time I use it and i use multiple stopwatches.
I have tried using the save and open feature but it wont work at all I loose all hotkeys, excell intergration and titles.
If i exit one instead of closing then the titles and hotkeys are saved but I loose the excell intergration
John

Re: Saving Excell intergration

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 am

John wrote:If i exit one instead of closing then the titles and hotkeys are saved but I loose the excell intergration

What Excel integration options you are expecting to be saved?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby coopersmaggot » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:10 pm

I normally have 8 stopwatches open and have each one snap to a seperate sheet starting at A1 on each sheet.
Initially I was closing all of them and had to reformat the size of window, the title ,hotkeys and excell destination each time.
I have learnt to use exit function as was sugested but I still have to go to each one and reinitilize the sheet to go to.
I would like Where it goes and what cell to start in
coopersmaggot

PreviousNext

Return to Main forum